You hear a lot about Artificial Intelligence (AI) in today’s world, but how can it truly help your business move forward? Surprisingly, there are many areas of your business where AI can be utilized and you don’t have to be a tech giant to take advantage. Some common places AI can assist:
• Account servicing
• General customer service
• Order and collections management
• Appointment setting
• Lead generation
• Sales growth
Understanding what Artificial Intelligence can do is a big part of deciding how to implement it into your business. AI yields benefits that are far beyond just speed and computing power as many people believe. AI allows technology and algorithms to:
• Recognize and Understand - handwriting, text, voice, image and video data
• Identify Semantics - to understand the meaning of words based on contextual information
• Apply Context and Interact - to provide information that is situation-aware and reflects relevant data associations
• Reason and Make Decisions - via a standard thought-process that can be highly customized
• Learn and Improve - performance continuously based on data patterns and feedback received
When you stop and think about it, gaining even one or two of those capabilities has the potential to dramatically improve understanding and communication which is why AI is so impactful in the customer service industry. It allows proactive optimization of customer interactions and the ability to better address their needs.
Since AI technology enables us to recognize patterns, create efficiencies that streamline interfaces and apply learning to requests, in many industries it is being used to help improve customer experience. That can manifest in something as simple as an intuitive tool to guide users through processes and help make preliminary decisions, reductions in time spent on back-end processes so answers are available more quickly or concurrently processing thousands of pieces of data to provide better recommendations/indicators.